[Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as ?

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Tue Jun 15 08:13:47 MST 2010

Jeff.  Thanks.  You really made me LOL my a$$ off.

Respectfully,
Liz, Programmer/Analyst
BE Aerospace, Tucson

Jeff Coy <jcoy42 at gmail.com>
Sent by: <tfug-bounces at tfug.org>
06/15/2010 07:00 AM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as ?

I don't think it was the word hell itself.  They use the word hell in
church all the time.  I think it is that the word hell was used as an
example of something funny/humorous.

I also believe that if you're going to subscribe to a *nix list you should
expect things like this to crop up.  *nix has a long history of dark
humor.  Get used to it, or at least make some minimal effort to avoid the
problem.

I'm reminded of how my former CEO reacted when I asked her what she would
like to show up when someone fingered her

But anyway, I made a label called tfug and use the following simple filter
in gmail:

      Matches: subject:([Tfug])
      Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "tfug"

Now it doesn't show up in my inbox.  It goes off to a label on the side I
can read separately from my regular mail, and I can click back to my inbox
when I'm done reading my tfug email.  Now it's sort of "out of the way".

Personally, I would be using separate mailboxes and close my client if I
were worried as well, but the above should at least help.

Or one could just setup a filter that automatically gets rid of messages
that have key words.. gmail filtering system is pretty good and it only
takes a few seconds to setup a new rule.

Having said that, could we move on?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Malcolm Schmerl <mjs355 at comcast.net>