[Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as hell.

Malcolm Schmerl mjs355 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 16:51:04 MST 2010

Jim, if anything, I'm a bug man. When beekeepers clean pollen for human
consumption, they do it by freezing. When pollen is harvested, it
contains a moth similar to the moth that attacks wool clothing. Freezing
the pollen for 24 hours kills all the adults and larvae but not the
eggs. So, they let it thaw for a couple of days giving the eggs a chance
to hatch, then back in the freezer. The method is quite effective.

That's one of my ideas. The other, probably more practical idea is to
use moth balls. Put the computer in a tight container with a few
mothballs when not in use for a week or so. That will kill the bugs.
You'll have to clean out the carcases manually - just like getting the
dust out. Malcolm