[Tfug] Slightly OT but also funny as hell.

Jeff Coy jcoy42 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:31:05 MST 2010

Tucson's summer heat, combined with the greenhouse effect of the car may
well ruin the laptop as well.

I would suggest taking the laptop apart as much as is reasonable and blowing
out all the crud inside.

Certainly one of the more unusual computer issues I've heard of.

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Harry McGregor <micros at osef.org> wrote:

> On 6/13/10 5:11 AM, Jim March wrote:
> > I had a friend call me yesterday about bugs in her laptop.
> >
> > Now normally this means something in software or hardware.  Nope.  Not
> > this time.  I mean bugs.  REAL ones.  Too many legs, etc....crawling
> > out every morning and freakin' her out.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > OK.  So what the hell to do?
> >

> Turn the laptop off, and place it in a car that is NOT covered, and has
> it's windows closed for a day or two.
>
> Tucson's summer heat, combined with the greenhouse effect of the car
> will either drive the bugs out, or kill them in place.  Either way, no
> more bugs coming out of the laptop.
>

>                                                        Harry
>
> > My first thought was "unplug, pull the battery, hold it over an empty
> > sink and drown it with half a bottle or so of rubbing alcohol poured
> > everywhere, then let dry".  But I figured I'd better do a sanity check
> > on that concept.
> >
> > So, how to debug said lappy?
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Jim

Morphic Resonance: the basis of memory in nature....the idea of mysterious
telepathy-type interconnections between organisms and of collective memories
within species.