[Tfug] Mounting a SCO partition on Linux

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:36:36 MST 2010

The total ram might limit things a tad, but I often boot Ubuntu and then
with a network connection, you can "aptitude install" any packages you need
to do something. As long as it has enough ram to install to the ramdisk, it
should work. The FS support is built into the kernel though, so I would
imagine most everything would just be in modules that you could load in the
default CD.

Another option if the system supports booting from a USB disk is to use the
boot disk creator in UBUNTU to make a bootable USB flashkey. I've been a
huge fan of that lately over burning CDs and then misplacing them. There's
even an option to use extra space on the disk to store data, but I don't
know if you can 'install' programs with that option, or just save config and
files.

JDR