[Tfug] kubuntu grub.cfg question

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Jul 27 19:53:47 MST 2010

My girlfriend's T61 had Windows Vista booting fine until I edited the grub.cfg file |;

Acting like it was the old menu.lst I changed two menuentries, (without reading the top of the file!). I rebooted, and had to change them back again, but forgot to what, and now the "Windows Vista" partition isn't showing in the grub boot menu, though the "Windows Recovery Environment" still does, and boots.

The original problem was that the grub boot menu was booting the "Windows Recovery Environment" when selecting "Windows Vista" from the boot menu, or booting "Windows Vista" when selecting "Windows Recovery Environment" so I thought I'd just switch the (hd0,#'s), AND... while I was at it, I simplified some of the text inside the quotations by removing what I imagined were superfluous terms: (loader) and (/dev/sda1) etc. from the menuentry before the open brace {... thinking it would make no difference...

Well, I was in a hurry.  Now what?

---

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.