[Tfug] Craigslist posting: Linux guru needed - A few hours here and there

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Wed Jul 21 11:51:17 MST 2010

FWIW
============= Included Stuff Follows =============
Linux guru needed - A few hours here and there

    "I am trying to install Ubuntu on to a 4 gb USB flash drive (not Live).
    Ubuntu by default installs Grub as a bootloader. Grub can not read the USB
    partition for some reason. I know the USB is bootable because I was able
    to install DSL Linux with no problem but I had other driver problems and
    decided to try Ubuntu.
    After some research I found that I need to replace the Grub bootloader
    with Extlinux bootloader, but Extlinux needs to be on a ext2 or ext3 file
    system partition and the Ubuntu installer didn't set up the partitions
    this way. I'm getting to a point where I'd rather pay someone to help me.
    I believe a Linux guru who knows what he/she is doing can solve this.

    There are a few other things I need help with including installing special
    drivers and a couple basic custom scripts and cron jobs. Perhaps you can
    help me get this project done (with or without Ubuntu). "

============= Included Stuff Ends =============
http://tucson.craigslist.org/sad/1847460617.html
--
Angus Scott-Fleming