[Tfug] OT: Ooma phone

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Tue Jul 6 14:37:36 MST 2010

Thank you for your input, Keith.

I understand it requires about $200 worth of hardware for the basic
service.  There is a fee of $12/yr to cover Federal fees.  It plugs in
directly to the modem or router and connects to the Internet.  You can
keep your old phone number.  A phone switch sounds like an excellent
description.  Other services can be added for an extra monthly fee.  The
basic fee includes free long distance to anywhere in the US.  It is OS
independent (removes my last Windows machine which is required for Magic
Jack).  It isn't open hardware.

Earl