[Tfug] Tools to build future web

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 16:27:21 MST 2010

Hi,

This is a cross post with AZPHP.

I often think about the web and where it might be going.  Most of the time I think the web will be this big virtual reality place where you will be able to intact with it.

For instance I think some time in the future we will be able to search for products and get a list of stores.  Then we will be able to visit each store.  Not like today - where you visit a shopping cart.  No, a virtual store where you walk through it and you can see all the products on the shelves.  You can pick them up and read the labels just like in the real story you might physically visit.   You can add the product to your shopping cart by placing it into they virtual shopping cart you are virtually pushing.  You can inspect the items in your virtual cart by picking them up.  You will be able to check out and talk with a virtual person.

That is a long way off.  I am wondering how we might get there and what tools we will use today that might be the basis of that future system.

Any ideas?

Keith Smith