[Tfug] Cable modem choice for Cox service?

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:45:43 MST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about opting for Cox cable internet, since a salesman
recently informed me that they wouldn't require a contract.  The
decision will depend on some other factors, such as whether they will
allow me to use my own modem, and what they would charge for setup.
I'm looking for just basic service, so don't need a state-of-the-art
modem, and have looked up some info on the Linksys BEFCMU10 and the
Motorola SB5100, since they are available for under $50.

I'll be using it with a WRT54G with that currently has DD-WRT
installed.  Any comments or suggestions from readers here?  Anyone
using one of the modem units mentioned above?

Thanks

--
John Karns