[Tfug] Mounting NAS on Debian

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Sun Jan 17 22:08:39 MST 2010

mount -t cifs -o user=myusername password=mypassword //192.168.x.x/SHARE /mnt/<mountpoint>

I'm having no luck.

The address is: 192.168.x.x
The hostname is yyyyyy
The username is myusername
The password is mypassword

If I use smb://192.168.x.x in the Konqueror address bar, the folder SHARE shows up in the Konqueror window; and I move files into SHARE. Now that smb://192.168.x.x/SHARE/ contains backups, I would like to mount it for fun, but can't.

Does Debian allow this?

I downloaded samba and smbfs.  Maybe I need to reboot.  I tried the above mount command with and without a comma, replaced the URL with hostname, etc.  But I guess I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Charles
--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.