[Tfug] Hand scanner recommendation?

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:38:40 MST 2010

> The other problem with using cameras is that some cameras have
> a disconnect between shutter (button) release and when the image
> is *actually* recorded.  These cameras cause me all sorts of problems
> as any motion just *after* pressing the shutter release results in
> a blurred image.  :<

 One way around this is that some cameras have a choice of built in timers.
Of course you have the main one that waits about 5 seconds or so to allow
the photographer to get back into his own picture, but some cameras also
have a timer that actually is very short. So you hit the shutter release
button, and THEN you hold as perfectly still as you possibly can, and wait
for the second or so to go past, and only move after it takes the pic. This
allows the camera to take the pic without you moving the camera by clicking
on the button.

Of course, getting a tripod is still best. And then you use the mode I just
mentioned, so that you don't wiggle the tripod when you click the shutter,
thereby negating the tripod itself!