[Tfug] composite to vga adapter or something else ...?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 22:32:49 MST 2010

Hi Nathan,

> Yes, the screen only has VGA input. I will get back to
> work, but when do you do when you are compiling???!??? ha ha

Start working on the *next* set of problems!  :>
Eons ago (70's) we had to burn EPROMs to test our code.
An edit, compile, link, burn cycle was just under
4 hours (i.e., you turn the crank twice in a day).
As soon as you finished your edits, you started looking
for the *next* thing to fix (or, next potential fix)
so that, when you installed the EPROMs and saw how your
code behaved, you could *quickly* make the necessary
edits and start the second crank...   :<

> I don't want necessarily a software solution, but a
> hardware device must work in linux to be considered.

You can buy converter boxes for ~$50 (and up).  Usually,
all you need to do is constrain the display resolution
accordingly (on the LCD).

You might want to keep composite/s-video capability in mind
next time you go looking for an LCD.  Some even support PIP
so you can screw off -- uh, I mean, "multitask" -- WHILE
you are working!  ;-)