[Tfug] AP choices`

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 23:49:14 MST 2010

Hi Jordan,

> Orinoco AP-700 is rated to work in high
> temperatures, I have one operating in direct sunlight in
> Rocky Point, Mexico.  It's been in operation for two
> years now, no issues.
> http://www.proxim.com/downloads/products/ap_700/DS_0806_AP700_USHR.pdf
>
> Operating
> T: 0 to 55C (131 F)

<frown>  I'm not sure that will make it.  Have you checked
to see what temps you are actually experiencing in your box?
I know I see 140F in my car on a summer day.  I will need to
measure temps in the ceiling this summer.  Being an unvented
space leaves me nervous as to just how hot things actually
*do* get.

I was hoping to find something rated for 70C (~160F).  It means
picking all the components carefully (a lot of Si is only rated
for 70C though, with care, the entire box could meet that)