[Tfug] tfug Digest, Vol 79, Issue 2

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 3 10:56:44 MST 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:20:14AM -0800, Mike Martinet wrote:
> The logo's cool, but felt?  How does that work?  Is it some kind of
> iron-on?  Any chance of getting them silk-screened?

It would cost more and/or we'd have to place a much larger order.  The
guy that I'm using is (1) local and (2) can do really small orders.
I'm not sure of the exact process that he uses but I believe that it's
some form of industrial-strength iron-on (i.e., not with a hand-iron).
I currently have a couple of shirts with the vinyl logo and they've
held up to repeated washings just fine and I expect the same with the
felt logos.

Incidentally, we did originally try out CafePress (I can't recall
whether they silkscreen or iron-on) but the logo came out off-center
and just didn't look very good.

Claude