[Tfug] repository(ies) on RHEL 6.0

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Thu Dec 16 15:35:56 MST 2010

On Thursday 16 December 2010 14:30, keith smith wrote:
> I'm hoping that the Free Unix folks of Tucson might have an answer to this.
>
> I have a licensed RHEL 6 box.  I want to use yum to install a couple simple
> packages.  Nothing major.  Well guess what?  No configuration files in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/.  I've looked high and low and find no info on how to
> config these files ans especially what the baseurl is for RHEL 6.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

I don;t think I have a RHEL6 box around, but earlier RHEL uses up2date, not
yum. There isn;t a base URL that I know of. The up2date utility logs into an
XML server with your registration user/pass and downloads a list of available
packages, parses it, and download appropriately based on the XML response.

Adrian