[Tfug] URGENT question on Qwest WiFi routers...

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:35:22 MST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> Put another way: if I see an SSID of "myqwest1234" one day and
> "myqwest4321" the next, is it likely, plausible or possible that it's the
> same device both days?  What is the significance of those last four digits?
> Does a human put them in there?  Are they locked into that pattern?

Jim,

I searched for "qwest router ssid" on Google and clicked on the URL below.

Look at page 6 of this PDF file:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/motorola-3347/pdf/3347_WIFI_TS.pdf&sa=X&ei=VqR2TJzdFYn4sAO9ha2gDQ&ved=0CB8QzgQoATAA&usg=AFQjCNH6W3J2nCAu1qK3zfly30KWUEASeA

I think the answer is that the trailing four characters are static.

Ryan