[Tfug] Looking for article on cross-browser support

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Thu Aug 26 09:07:34 MST 2010

On 25 Aug 2010, Zack Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I'm advocating not using browser detection at all, and only
> > using feature detection.
>
> Hmm... this page has how to detect individual HTML5 features, not by
> doing browser sniffing, if that's what you're looking for:
>
> http://diveintohtml5.org/everything.html

Maybe I wasn't very clear in what I need. I personally do know
how to create websites that do not depend on browser detection. I
am looking for a well written article that may convince business
types why they should require their technical teams to make their
sites work on all browsers without using browser detection. And I
had hoped it would include some references to technical
information as well, for those readers that are of a technical
nature.

Here is an example of an article that is geared toward a
technical audience.

Browser Detection (and What to Do Instead)
http://jibbering.com/faq/notes/detect-browser/

And like I said in my first post, I know enough to write such an
article, but it would take me 10-20 hours (and maybe more) to
write it.

--
Glen