[Tfug] OT: shameless parts trafficking

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:27:28 MST 2010

There are a LOT of laptops and factory-built desktops running around
that have a "certificate of authenticity" sticker underneath but the
copy of windows is either AWOL or corrupted.  Installing a "wrong
serial number copy" of Windows is NOT a copyright violation.
Microsoft would like you to think so but I guarandamntee you they
can't do any prosecutions on that basis.

It's the exact same situation as, you have a CD of Metallica's "Master
Of Puppets" album, and you also want MP3s, and you're too dumb to rip
'em, so you grab a copy off of bittorrent.  You can't be busted for
that download.

Jim