[Tfug] Slightly OT: is anybody in need of a cheap but good laptop?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 23:09:01 MST 2010

It's probably not shitty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LENOVA-T400-ThinkPad-Laptop-Needs-Driver-Software-/290461667538?pt=Laptops_Nov05

The doubly-a-dumbass moron can't spell "Lenovo" so there's a chance it'll
get missed by people looking.  Put a $10 bid in, you might win :).  And for
us, "driver software" is a total non-issue :D.

The deal on this model is this: there's about a 1/3rd chance that it's got
TWO video cards, switchable in the BIOS.  It will definately have an Intel
GMA4500.  It might also have an ATI 3470 gaming class card as well.  In
Linux you'll have a bitch of a time switching from one to the other on the
fly, I've heard it's impossible in Ubuntu, esp. with the proprietary ATI
drivers.  But like I said, as a BIOS setting, no problem at all.  It's kinda
like a mullet video card: business up front, party in the back.

:)

Jim