[Tfug] OT: looking for a lawyer who's also geeky...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 20:02:59 MST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM, johngalt1 <johngalt1 at uswest.net> wrote:

> http://www.tfug.org/pipermail/tfug_tfug.org/2010-August/025300.html
> Wow. there's a lot of detailed info in that post... How can you be sure
> it's legit?
>
> If so, sounds like time for Jimmeh Cawter to swoop in and challenge /
> change things.
>
> Who is this 'we'?
>
> 'the strongest election integrity crew in the state'.

Well...basically, the people involved are pretty impressive, some way past
my level.

Mickey Dunaho is a former Sr. programmer for the NSA :).

Dr. Tom Ryan is a computer scientist retired from SAIC.

John Brakey is a former environmental activist, falsely arrested while
watching a post-election handcount in 2008 - he noticed about half the
ballot bags had seal or paperwork issues of one sort or another.  Cleared in
court later, the judge ruled that election official Brad Nelson
"overreached".

Attorney Bill Risner has been doing civil rights law for over 40 years.

I'm a member of the board of directors at http://blackboxvoting.org - the
HBO documentary "Hacking Democracy" was about my boss at BBV, Bev Harris.  I
regularly observe elections all over the country.  My latest report was on
behalf of a candidate for city council in Conroe, TX:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1825088/Hewett-Conroe-report.pdf

This is only a partial list of the Pima County major players.  In the past
we've had cooperation between the Democratic and Libertarian parties, and
now the Greens are helping out too.  Democratic support this year has been
week because AZ AG Terry Goddard has been in strong opposition for reasons
we don't understand...in any case, once we started complaining about the
stuff he's been pulling we lost some Dem support because he's now running
for governor.  We'll see how that plays out.

Look...I know some of the claims I've made may seem pretty radical.  The
fact is, I'm only talking publicly about stuff I can prove.

I mean...OK, example.  I said Maricopa County doesn't have pollworkers sign
the polltapes, and that it's legally required.

Here's the Maricopa County pollworker manual:

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/pdf/ebworker_trainingManual.pdf

Most votes are taken in on the "Insight" optical scanner (as in way over
95%).  Look at the steps on page 41 (printed page) under "closing the
polls".  They print the tape then bag it.  No signature involved.  Note too
the same page in the text box - nobody can photograph the polltape on site.

Here's the official statewide rulebook on election procedures; it has the
full force of law:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1825088/2010%20MAY%20FINAL%20Procedures%20Manual.pdf

The "closing the polls" procedure starts at page 142 (again, printed page
numbers as opposed to PDF pages).  "Close Out of Optical Scan Unit and
Accessible Voting System Unit" starts on page 142 - next page, under the
"keypad" section, look at what they're supposed to do at the 4th step: "sign
the tape".

It's drop-dead simple to create fake electronic results and a fake polltape
to match.  One obvious plan: take a dead optical scan unit apart,
cannibalize the printer, wire it to serial or parallel or whatever it is as
a PC printer, fake the layout of the tape, crank off whatever fake results
you want.  The signatures are supposed to block that.

I could go on, and on, and on.  In fact, I damned well have:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1825088/Unlawful%20Actions%20Of%20The%20Maricopa%20County%20Elections%20Office%20A%20Partial%20Compendium%20Of%20Sins%20version%2013.pdf

Want to actually see the pic of the duplicate seals I took at the sheriff's
training office?  Go here:

http://tinyurl.com/36ws3wa

I've been digging into this for a while now :(.

Jim