[Tfug] OT: looking for a lawyer who's also geeky...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:42:51 MST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Jordan Aberle <jordan.aberle at gmail.com>wrote:

> One of my client's is Pima County Bar Association, they match clients with
> the right type of lawyer.  Let them know your requirements and they'll find
> an attorney for you.
>
> http://www.pimacountybar.org/web/
>
> -Jordan

Jordan, it's a little more complicated than that.

This is basically a problem in computer security.  I can tell you (as a
fellow geek) in a matter of seconds that, if you find part of the election
system with a cellular modem connected to it, you'd best start looking
around to see if other pieces of the system are connected to the Internet
(illegally per AZ law).  Right?  Problem is, most lawyers are
technoturnips.  There's something weird going on where the "legal mind" and
the "geek mind" don't want to fit inside the same brainpan.  We just don't
have time to fart around with this problem, capische?

There are notable exceptions (I know of one combo EE and full working
attorney in Pennsylvania) and I'm hoping y'all will know of some here
locally.

Jim