[Tfug] Managed VPS in Tucson

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Sun Apr 4 20:59:11 MST 2010

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:09 -0700, "Michael Gatto"
<gatto_omar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been googling for a good webhost here in Tucson, one that provides
> managed VPS. Ideally, I'd like to be able to install the latest PHP

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone that offers VPS hosting
based in Tucson, let alone a managed service. If you decide that
geographic location doesn't matter that much after all, both Slicehost
and Linode are highly-regarded VPS providers that let you run your
choice of distro. They're not fully managed, but it's a good opportunity
to learn, and the price is right.

I've personally used Slicehost before, and they were excellent. If I had
to choose again, I'd probably go with Linode this time around. Some
recent reviews I've read give a performance advantage to Linode, and you
get a little more (resource-wise) for your money with them.

Good luck with your search. Let us know what you end up doing.

Matt