[Tfug] Historical milestone

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Apr 3 07:47:49 MST 2010

Hey folks,

               Here's  a story about the guy that invented the Altaire.

         It's fun to be nostalgic. My first PC was a Radio Shack Tandy 8088
I already got my degree from a technical school, and often daydreamed
about having my own PC to do my engineering/physics problems.
         The PC came with a 5.25" floppy drive, and was really just a toy
until I purchased (for nearly $800) a 40Mb hard-drive-on-EISA card,
and installed it. All this would have been in the early 80's

Erich