[Tfug] OT: Dumping Comcast TV. Dish or Direct?

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 29 09:21:46 MST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:13:41PM -0700, Linux Media wrote:

>There's a whole bunch of Shows and Movies that are supposedly "Public
>Domain" because either the copyright has expired or occasionally
>there's a legal glitch that was never resolved. Since I can't know
>for sure if they are, I'll just tell you the ones I heard were and
>you can google for them:

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that any of these shows are in the public
domain.  The term of a copyright has reached such absurdly long lengths that
only the oldest of films are out from under its grasp.

Hooray for stupidly long intervals!

But, don't let that stop you from watching some good movies for free.  :)

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org