[Tfug] Unreachable static IP

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 00:26:43 MST 2009

> You can ping the internal or external IP address from inside the router?

both.

> Sure the proper ports are being forwarded on the router?

absolutely not. The server has mostly the default settings, with the
exception that I I have some port forwarding for the SIP adapter and a
static IP assigned to the router.

> Easiest way to debug that would be to swap out the router for another
> device at the same address as a test.

I'm back at work now, so I'll start trying to swap in other devices.

I guess what's strange to me is that the IP is not reachable even
though the website above was able to identify it as an IP assigned to
our company. Could it be that traceroute is getting to the router but
because of an incorrect setting, it doesn't get back to the server
from which the traceroute originated?

-- Chris