[Tfug] 32bit os on 64 bit system

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:03:35 MST 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I have found one advantage, and it's a *weird* one given the history:

Jim, I remember reading some of you stuff about flash on 64bit and it
sounds enticing; I'm in the middle of an internship in Berlin, and
when I'm craving some familiar American entertainment, it almost
always involves flash.

Since I only have 1.5 gB of ram, I think I'll hold off for now though,
especially considering that other input seems to suggest that I'm not
a complete fool for running 32-bit  on a 64-bit system. I don't know
how I missed the fact that I bought 64-bit architecture. Normally I'm
a careful shopper.

As far as Zack's input goes, which posted after I started this reply,
I think that when the time comes for an upgrade, I will simply
re-install with 64 bit instead of recompiling the kernel.

Thanks for the quick feed back. If anyone else has opinions, I'd still
like to hear them.

-- Chris