[Tfug] windows to linux

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Wed Sep 23 15:47:05 MST 2009

oh heavens no.  I've got absolutely nothing I need saved on this laptop.
:-)

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Architect/Developer,
Methods Engineering

Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com>
Sent by: <tfug-bounces at tfug.org>
09/23/2009 03:41 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] windows to linux

OK, HOLD ON HERE.

This stuff has to be planned out some.

First thing: do you have data in the Windows side, and if so what kind?

Do you have mail data in Microsoft formats (Outlook or Outlook Express)?
If so there's a couple of options.  Those formats are very wonky and have
to be handled with care!!!

It would help a lot if you could list exactly what data types you have
now, and then we'll discuss exactly how to migrate those, which apps on
the Linux side you'll want, will you need to run Windows apps at all and
if so, how ("dual boot", Wine or Virtual Machine).

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply