[Tfug] Source for notebook batteries?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:34:43 MST 2009

> Personally, I so rarely use my laptop "on battery" that I
> just get used to using the AC adapter all the time.  I am
> never disappointed by "short runtime"  :>  (though this
> makes travel in airports tedious, at times, as many
> *hide* their power outlets in places that are uncomfortable
> to work)

FYI, for best battery life with lithium ion batteries, you need to run
them through at least one charge/discharge cycle per month.   Apple
has a page on this:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

I've had customers that leave a laptop plugged in on a desk for a
year, and then are shocked to find that the battery is dead when they
finally unplug it.

- Zack