[Tfug] why not wicd

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Sep 19 09:11:44 MST 2009

I have another question,

                 And it's about cellular modems. Can you purchase a
generic USB modem other
than the one your licensed wireless provider gives you? I know the phone
# for
the wireless modem service. However we're running into the "Windoze 0 CD
experience"
A Cricket A600 comes up looking like a USB storage device. I have to
figure out
how to switch it to a USB serial device "/dev/ttyUSBx". It would be nice
if these
things were generic serial devices that would connect with a simple phone #

Erich