[Tfug] OpenOffice file exports to PDF

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Wed Sep 16 11:20:01 MST 2009

Thanks Jim,

Okay, I just ran three additional tests using thee different .odt files created over the last few months by different versions of OpenOffice and all three had similar errors, as I described: limited only to Insert>Object>Formula: numerals sporadically replaced with incorrect fonts, sometimes a 'zero' is replaced with a dot (not a period) or a box, other fonts are the funky gamma, or the twig...  but when using the "print to file" option in OpenOffice writer (I did so with one of the three files), the .ps file had no found font errors -as I did a very thorough job looking; I followed that with a ps2pdf, and again, no found errors.

So, to answer your question, yes with 99.9% certainty.

And I'm willing to run more tests.

Charles

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.