[Tfug] black screen

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 16 10:53:32 MST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:57:49PM +0000, Ray Reeves wrote:
>Actually I'm using GDE..Speaking of suspend, if I close the lid and come back
>later it sometimes does not want to wake up. No amount of pounding the
>keyboard will do. I end up powering off. Also when I installed it I shrank
>the XP partition but windows disappeared out of the grub. No biggie since I
>rarely use XP anyway. Just an item.

Hi Ray,

XP may have disappeared from GRUB's menu, but it hasn't gone anywhere most
likely.  It's probably still occupying the first partition on your drive.  If
you want it back, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a HOWTO to add
it to GRUB.  I'm pretty sure the GRUB docs also have a section full of
examples.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org