[Tfug] black screen

Linux Media linuxmedia2 at aim.com
Mon Sep 14 13:29:55 MST 2009

Ray Reeves wrote:
> Thanks alot for the info. so far, so good
>
> I figured out that there was an option checked that locked the screen
> when idle that required logging in again. Defeated that little problem.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I need to give you an important Heads up...

If you unplug your laptop, wait until the System Dialogs come up (Bottom
Right of the Task Bar if you run KDE). For some reason (and it's
unpredictable) it sometimes decides to suspend the computer. I found
that this knocks out the sound and possibly other things.

When the dialogs come up, it will give you a choice to stop the suspend
action before it happens.

Rocco