[Tfug] black screen

Linux Media linuxmedia2 at aim.com
Sun Sep 13 11:46:05 MST 2009

Ray Reeves wrote:
> Well I hate to say it but I gave up on my trusty Ubuntu. I loaded Fedora
> 11 with no problems. I still will have Ubuntu on my desktops but for the
> lappy, I guess not.
>
> Thanks to all for their suggestions........

Keep in mind that Fedora 11 is the newest and therefore bleeding edge.
If you should having any problems, you may want to install Fedora 10
because a lot has been worked out and the repository is full of fixed
packages.

I don't know if you know how Fedora works, but a new release is kind of
for the people that don't mind testing and writing bug reports or just
don't mind the occasional bug. Although, I've had pretty good
experiences with all the versions of Fedora I've used.

I think most issues with Fedora 10 are pretty much flushed out. And I
would assume that since each new version is bleeding edge that the last
version would be reasonably considered 'an up to date OS'.

Either way, don't forget to do 'yum update' to get all latest fixed
packages. But your system probably has the package manager set to show
new updates automatically. At least that's how it is with Fedora10/KDE.

Rocco