[Tfug] Hackintosh

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:26:18 MST 2009

> Hmm, as a good a point as any in this thread to hi-jack for my own
> needs..  Any chance you've run Hackintosh with a VM or on a hypervisor?
> I'd love to have me some OSX when away from my macbook sometimes..

If you want to do it according to Apple's license,  OS X Server can be
run under a VM, and during the 10.6 development cycle that's how I
tested it.  It runs fine under VMWare Fusion.

Now, if you want it running in a VM on generic x86 hardware and break
license, it's probably possible but I never tried and wouldn't know
the correct combination of parts to make it work.

If you just want remote access, Apple builds a VNC server into the OS
(secure with SSH or VPN), or there's Aqua Connect on top of OS X
Server if you absolutely need RDP.

- Zack