[Tfug] iPods

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 11:24:47 MST 2009

Hi Glen,

> Have you looked at www.portableapps.com?

Cool!  Yes, that's exactly my goal.  But, this seems like it
tries to conquer the world instead of just handling something
as trivial as the iPod itself (NB, I didn't see an iPod
app listed there  :<  ).  I.e., it's 1MB just to get in the
door plus the cost of the individual apps (300MB for the
full suite???  :< :< )

> Here's someone asking for what I interpret to be the same
> thing you are:
> http://portableapps.com/node/5613
>
> I see some promising things in that thread, but as I don't
> have an ipod I can't test any of it out.

I think these all try to get something that looks like iTunes
(with all its functionality and complexity and SIZE).  I just
want something that lets me move music files around and
dick with playlists.  I don't care if it can convert between
different music codecs, etc.  Or, if it can't handle video...

I.e., make the tool fit my needs instead of the whole world's!
;-)

I'll follow that thread and see what turns up.  Thanks!
--don