[Tfug] Job opportunity

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Tue Sep 1 18:12:11 MST 2009

Hi guys

  If anyone out there is looking for work, we're looking to fill a few
spots in the next few weeks.  This is an entry to mid-level job,
primarily tech support and application customization for mining
software.  We basically cover open pit mines with a wireless network,
put a bunch of computers on all of the trucks, shovels, graders, dozers,
etc. and have central servers (running Linux) keep track of where
everything goes, and optimize the flow of material around the pit.
Other ancillary Windows-based products do SQL / MSRS / Crystal Reports
based reporting of these data, or track all of the operating parameters
of each running piece of equipment to schedule just-in-time maintenance
on equipment that looks like it's about to fail.

  I really like the company, I moved down to Tucson from Canada about a
year ago to stay with this company.  It's a pretty relaxed attitude, but
lots of work in really diverse areas of expertise; UNIX/Linux, Windows
admin, MS SQL Server / MySQL, wireless networking, VMware, programming
in C / Java / Ruby / proprietary languages.  There's lots to learn and
lots of work to keep us busy.

  If you're interested check out the web page at
http://www.modularmining.com and the job posting at the URL below.
There is a referral bonus, so if you're interested I'd appreciate it if
you contacted me off list to ask whatever questions you might have, but
I'm much more interested in getting some new people in that enjoy
working with Linux, so feel free to directly apply if you wish.

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=101&dockey=xml/c/1/c1e95c175220ec0cc21f853cd138cf9d@endecaindex&c=1

  Thanks for reading, back to your regularly scheduled Linux (iPod?)
discussion group ;)

cheers
  Jeff Breadner