[Tfug] suspend to ram question

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:37:56 MST 2009

> Generally, suspend to ram isn't a problem, assuming your laptop goes
> into and comes out of it correctly, spins down all it's moving parts,
> and you have sufficient charge in the battery to maintain the RAM
> state.

Hmm, well it comes out of suspend fine, but I can only assume all of
the moving parts are spun down, since it's asleep at that point and
can't be tested. It is however pretty quiet.

I'm also messing with hdparm at the moment because I'd like to tweak
the power management some. It's strange that HD settings aren't part
of the gnome power management settings. I guess another thread though.

Thanks for your reply.

-- Chris