[Tfug] Fedora 10 install question

Dennis McCormick macsinitial65haus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 13:19:24 MST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:10 PM,  <earljviolet at deserthowler.com> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed on 1/2 of a 40 GB hard drive.  I attempted to
> install Fedora 10 on the unused portion of this disk.  Fedora installed
> fine and works OK.  The problem is I cannot log into Ubuntu from grub as
> Fedora gives me no choices.
>
> I could not edit menu.lst.
>
> Google offered no solution.
>
> As my plan was to test-drive Fedora, my solution is to install Debian on
> that and consider my Fedora experiment as a failure.
>
> Are there any other suggestions?
>
> Earl

Earl, for Fedora the file to edit is /boot/grub/grub.conf. You do have
to log in as root in a terminal to run an editor. It would be easiest
to mount the Ubuntu partition and then copy the latest entry lines
from /boot/grub/menu.lst and paste them at the bottom of the grub.conf
file. There's also the grub command "configfile" that is handy to boot
multiple distros from one master grub menu.

Dennis McCormick