[Tfug] Android

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Oct 3 08:25:48 MST 2009

I'm confused,
                 Android is an operating system while Verizon is a
licensed terrestrial provider. The ideal
would be to: 1) Get a telephone # from the government (Think FCC). 2)
Get a mobile OS from Party A
3) Get the smart phone from Party B. and 4) Get the licensed terrestrial
access from Party C.

                 Of course, if this was too much choice for you, you
could opt-out for a one-size-fits-all
sales situation. Which  is what we have today for the mobile phone masses.

                 Why don't we have this ideal? Well, there are some
powerful economic interests, (think
monopoly's ), that want to prevent this.

        Erich