[Tfug] OT: Batteries

Don Freeman DFreeman at pagnet.org
Wed Nov 25 13:25:06 MST 2009

I guess you'd have to weigh the volume of sales to determine if a custom
battery would make sense. Otherwise the cost would become prohibitive. Also
you'd have to consider the cost of the device. After about $10 I don't want
to consider anything disposable and the higher it goes the less 'disposable'
it becomes. If you went the disposable route you'd also have to build in
some protections to insure the device didn't discharge accidently by being
left on unintentionally, etc. Have you considered a fuel cell or solar
rechargeable? ;)

- D