[Tfug] HPLIP

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Fri Nov 20 08:03:44 MST 2009

Thanks Jim, problem solved.

I used the ethernet cable and everything fell into place including xsane for my Debian Lenny AND for my girlfriends Ubuntu 9.10 wireless.  She can print and scan wirelessly, now.  Quite a difference from the old-linux-printer days!!  CUPS has come a long way.

I use the ethernet cable because I don't use a wireless card for my PC.

A problem was the ethernet cable not being long enough to get to the "office" from the router (which is why I tried the USB in the first place).  So the printer and the router and modem have to share space in the closet with the clothes and dirty laundry. But it is actually becoming a better set up for me as I notice the benefits, more office space,  and the closet is relatively dust-free.

Maybe someday CUPS will also do laundry!

Thanks again,
Charles

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.