[Tfug] HALP! DynDNS nightmare, again...

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu Nov 19 20:06:52 MST 2009

On 19 Nov 2009 at 15:52, Jim March  wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Kyle Scofield <KScofield at ecgrp.com>
> wrote:
> > Silly question, if you are using RDP, you forwarded port 3389, not port
> > 5900 right? Your email says you forwarded 5900 and were trying to use
> > RDP.
>
> I'm using UltraVNC off of Sourceforge...for Windows (sigh).  Ain't
> gonna convert this lady to the side of light and justice any time
> soon.  Anyways...it says right at the client side that it's going in
> off of 5900.  Should I add 3389 too, at the router?

No, but you probably need to configure the Windows firewall manually to allow
inbound connections on port 5900, or to allow connections to winvnc.exe.  If
you grab UltraVNC 1.0.8.0 from http://www.uvnc.com/ it will do that for you,
but the version that is "shipping" from SourceForge right now appears to be
much older, 1.0.5, and it doesn't reconfigure the Windows firewall for you.

HTH

Angus

--
Angus Scott-Fleming