[Tfug] False alarm: new Mac OS X 10.6.2 build restores Atom support

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:43:50 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Bowie J. Poag <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:
> I can imagine the phone call...
>
> Steve Jobs:  Hi. What the hell are you doing?
>
> Engineer: What?
>
> Steve Jobs: Why did you release a development beta that dropped Atom
> support?!
>
> Engineer: Well, I figured since we don't sell any systems with Atom
> processors, we..
>
> Steve Jobs: WHAT THE F*#K@!!!! DON'T YOU GET IT?! HACKINTOSH USERS
> EVENTUALLY BECOME CUSTOMERS. THEY'RE USHERING NEW PEOPLE TO THE PLATFORM.
> The fact they are using their netbooks to run OS X gives us the ability to
> see how we can improve our own netbook before we go to market with it!!
>
> Engineer: I, um.....
>
> Steve Jobs:  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (click)

This morning I received notice of a large number of Ubuntu 9.10
updates.  As I waited for them to download I read about Apple dropping
support for Atom based PCs.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/181809/apples_snow_leopard_update_zaps_bugs_kills_hackintosh_netbooks.html

So when my updates finished installing I rebooted my MacBook---yes I
run Ubuntu on a MacBook---and began the update of Mac OS X to 10.6.2
on my other partition.  So how is your wife's Dell Mini 10V?

Ryan