[Tfug] Yes, I remember how I claimed Apple was at war with Hackintoshes.

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:55:19 MST 2009

> For ordinary non-geeks?  This is evidence Apple is actively "hunting"
>> Hackintosh installs and this is only the beginning.  Non-geeks won't be able
>> to keep up, which is all Apple cares about.
>>
>> I installed four Ubuntu systems for three people in the last two weeks
>> alone.  They're doing great.  Could I do the same with Hackintoshes?
>>

> I installed Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix on my Acer Aspire One (8.9") at the
> weekend, and all I can say is wow! With just a few mouse clicks and no
> typing it found and set up both my networked printers (Brother laser and
> Epson inkjet).
>
> The user interface is clear and easy to use. Flash videos play smoothly.
> The new software installation app has been redesigned and is easier to use.
>
> I don't see how an Apple OS could make it easier to use than this... at
> least on netbooks anyway.
>
> Andy

Seriously? Yes. I just installed Karmic on three computers and will probably
on another one or two over the next week, and three previously
sound-problematic (you know, hda-intel) computers have flawlessly working
sound now, out of the box, with Audacity, Skype, and so on. They are all
three different, two are netbooks, and my eeepc 1000HE now has the built in
mic working and everything. The system seems rock solid, and very very
smooth. I am impressed. :)

Unfortunately, some folks balk at anything that's different, even if the
tools are all in front of their nose and easy to use, they panic because it
"looks different". Oh, well; but that is a different issue from this
thread...

Matthew