[Tfug] One more question re: daily chron job...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:22:41 MST 2009

Folks,

Last time we wrestled with this, we learned that Zoneminder (camera
monitor app) can do purges of older files.  Except it doesn't work.
I've tried three times now, it still fills the disk, I'm flat sick and
tired of it.

There has to be a way in Ubuntu (Jaunty) to do a daily purge chron job
to the effect of:

---
sudo find /media/disk/* -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \;
---

That command works fine, executed manually.  It purges files older
than 45 days on a particular hard disk formatted ReiserFS (due to the
high number of small files).

Any way I can get it to kick off daily?

Thanks,

Jim