[Tfug] Cabling between buildings

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Mon May 25 21:41:40 MST 2009

On Monday 25 May 2009 16:57, Zack Williams wrote:
> > Fiber is probably the second best choice for long distances. You can get
> > 1000M spools of military field cable (2 pair MM in a heavy jacket) for
> > dirt cheap.
>
> I googled around for this and found a few manufactures, but couldn't
> find anyone selling it direct - where would one go to buy this?

I can;t locate it in a quick Google search at the moment... If I was more
patient Im sure I could. There were a number of people selling military field
cable for dirt cheap. It is black, heavy jacket on a large black spool. Use
to be able to find it all over Ebay and various surplus houses. We have a
couple partial spools of it at work for occasional jobs. Very tuff stuff.

Adrian