[Tfug] [OT] Avoiding having to pay for a DSL ISP?

Ken Steen ken at greenideas.net
Thu May 21 22:10:08 MST 2009

I posted on the list about Qwest's basic internet service.  It was $8.95
a month plus whatever connection speed you chose.  I had that service
about three years ago.  I had to switch to Cox when I moved.  I don't
know whether they still offer it or not but you can call their customer
service and ask.  The plan did not have email or newsgroups.  It was
just a connection.

Ken

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 09:33:26PM -0700, Jeffry Johnston wrote:
> HI,
>
> I swear I read a post here probably months ago talking about how you
> can avoid getting the regular pay DSL ISPs and that you could get some
 kind of internal connection for free, it doesn't have e-mail or