[Tfug] OT : Site Scaper

Jon bigj at voipmogul.com
Tue May 19 10:12:20 MST 2009

Matt Jacob wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 14:12, James Hood <ebenblues at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe this was just meant to be a troll, but this was such a
>> ridiculous comment. The reason things get put online in the first
>>

> Troll? Ridiculous?
>
> Look, when you put something online, it's like leaving your Cadillac
> in South Tucson with the keys in the ignition. I've been developing
> content for the Web for 10+ years, and it's not worth my time to go
> running after every single person that tries to rip me off. Most
> people along the way have been cool by asking for permission to
> republish my articles---and I usually give it to them.
>
> When so many things are going the way of FOSS and Creative Commons,
> prosecuting 14-year-olds becomes a losing battle.
>
> YMMV.
>
> Matt

I get what you're saying Matt. Email lacks tone so it just came off bad
even though I believe you didn't intend it that way.

Something of this nature really comes down to whether *you* think the
battle is worth fighting. Kind of to Matt's point, everyone plagarizes
(sp?) on the Internet. It's good for two things, stealing and porn.
Sometimes those two are combined in to one - stealing porn.

I digress. Keith, if you think it's worth fighting then go after it. The
battle will be long and hard (that's kind of a funny statement after
writing that last paragraph) and IMO will not yield anything.

Would you mind sending the URL so we could see the web page in question?
I need a new design for a project :)

--
Jon
www.VoIPmogul.com