[Tfug] OT : Site Scaper

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 17:10:16 MST 2009

Hi TFUG,

I seem to have a problem as of late.  My website seems to have been copied, at least in part, and placed on others' websites.

I have run into two such offenders in the last 2 months.  Last year a ran into someone off-shore who copied my website and translated it into his broken English.

A month or so ago I found that someone had copied my entire website.  Two phone calls and he took it down.

Yesterday I found a site that had used 5 or 6 pages off my site.

I take a screen shot for my records and have drafted a cease and desist letter.

Because of the experience I had a month or so ago where after the first phone call the person just renamed the index page.  Purely by accident I found he had done so, so I called him back and he assured me my website was removed from his hosting.

Because of this last incident I would like to find a way to query the hosting account and pull the entire site off and store it locally and then do a recheck once the offender states my content is no longer on his hosting account.

Any ideas.  Preferably it would run on Win-XP and only need a domain name and a place to store the retreived content.

Thanks in advance.
Keith