[Tfug] [OT] Voltage Spikes and Drops

Tyler Nienhouse flakeparadigm at gmail.com
Sat May 16 20:39:26 MST 2009

Ever since I moved into my current house, I have had one big problem. I'm
not completely sure what it is, but my guess is that it has to do with
voltage spikes and drops.

In the living room of this house, the electronics have a tough life. Almost
every time there is a change in electrical usage in the house (for example,
dish washer cycles changing), something messes up in the living room. At the
moment, the only thing that messes up often is the Comcast digital cable
receiver, but other things like monitors and even the wireless router get
messed up.

The monitor is no longer affected, because it has been replaced, and old
router was replaced after it's wireless signal went out almost every 10
minutes (but the new one is having some occasional glitches too). They are
now running perfectly in another room of the house.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? (All of the electronics
mentioned were plugged into various surge protectors.)
--
Tyler